MONDAY –APRIL 20, 2015
* SECOND 6-WEEK AND 8-WEEK CLASSES BEGIN.
* MEN’S GOLF at neutral site TBA. 7 a.m.
* LEARNING CENTER WRITING WORKSHOP: “MLA Documentation.” AD 232. 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
* BODY AND BRAIN CLUB is sponsoring a cleansing meditation session. 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Verdugo Park.
* STEM SCI LECTURE SERIES: “The Science of the Oceans.” Professor Maria Kretzmann will discuss “The Origins and Challenges of Marine Mammals.” CS 266. 12:25 to 1:30 p.m.
* CAREER CENTER WORKSHOP: “Effective Resume.” Focuses on essential resume-writing principles, formats and content. 2 p.m. Register online at MyGCC. Call ext. 5407 for information.
* AVIATION AND SPACE CLUB weekly meeting. AA 103. 5:30 p.m. officers, 6 p.m. general.
TUESDAY- APRIL 21, 2015
* LEARNING CENTER WRITING WORKSHOPS: “Introductions and Conclusions.” 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. AD 232.
* UNDECIDED/UNDECLARED MAJOR WORKSHOP offered by the Career Center. Register online in MyGCC. SR 221. 10 a.m.
* ARMENIAN MUSICAL PROGRAM. 12:20 to 1:30 p.m. Auditorium.
* SOFTBALL vs. Santa Monica at Glendale Sports Complex, 2200 Fern Lane. 1 and 3 p.m. DH.
* BASEBALL vs. L.A. Valley at Stengel Field. 2:30 p.m.
* BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING and public hearing regarding proposed trustee areas. Kreider Hall. 5 p.m.
WEDNESDAY- APRIL 22, 2015
* UNDECIDED/UNDECLARED MAJOR WORKSHOP offered by the Career Center. Register online in MyGCC. SR 221. 9:30 a.m.
* LEARNING CENTER WRITING WORKSHOPS: “Avoiding Vague Language.” 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. AD 232.
* MATH WORKSHOP: “Rational Expressions and Equations.” 3:30 to 5 p.m. AS 103.
THURSDAY –APRIL 23, 2015
* MEN’S AND WOMEN’S TENNIS at Ojai Tournament through Sunday.
* HUMANITIES/ SOCIAL SCIENCE LECTURE SERIES: "The Science of Climate Change.” Speaker is JoBea Holt, author and former research scientist at JPL. CS 177. 12:20 p.m.
* ARMENIAN GENOCIDE REMEMBRANCE. Commemoration of the centennial of the Armenian Genocide. Auditorium. 12:20 to 1:30 p.m. followed by a wreath laying ceremony the Armenian Genocide Plaque at Plaza Vaquero. 1:40 to 2 p.m.
* AN AFTERNOON WITH THE STARS: Free planetarium show open to all. Planetarium. 12:30 to 1 p.m.
* FACULTY-STUDENT FILM CLUB: Discussion will be about the film, “Fargo.” 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. AD 217. RSVP to email@example.com.
* ARMENIAN STUDENT ASSOCIATION: General meeting. LB 220. 12:30 to 1:30 p.m.
* THEATRE GUILD MEETING: AU 201-B. 12:30 to 1:30 p.m.
* UNDECIDED/UNDECLARED MAJOR WORKSHOP offered by the Career Center. Register online in MyGCC. SR 221. 2 p.m.
* CAREER CENTER WORKSHOP: “Successful Interview Strategies.” 2 p.m. Register online at MyGCC. Call ext. 5407 for information.
* BASEBALL vs. College of the Canyons at Stengel Field. 2:30 p.m.
* LEARNING CENTER WRITING WORKSHOPS: “Quotation Integration.” 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. AD 232.
FRIDAY –APRIL 24, 2015
* MATH WORKSHOP: “Confidence Intervals.” 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. AS 103.
* MEN'S AND WOMEN'S TRACK AND FIELD WSC Finals at Santa Barbara.
* BASEBALL at College of the Canyons. 2:30 p.m.
ONE BOOK/ONE GCC events across several disciplines are scheduled with themes related to the selected novel, “Mary Coin” by Marisa Silver. Silver will speak at the college on May 7. Events kick off with a viewing of the PBS documentary “Grab a Hunk of Lightning” on April 28 at 12:20 p.m. in SB 243. The Faculty-Student Book Club will meet Thursday, April 30 to discuss “Mary Coin” from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. in AD 217. More event information can be found at
APRIL CITY LOT CLOSURES: Thursday, April 23 Lot 31 will be closed from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
ANNUAL STUDENT ART SHOW: “Celebrating Our Cultures” runs through May 14 in the Art Gallery. Gallery hours are 12 to 5 p.m., Monday through Thursday
and 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Friday.