THIS MONTH AT GCC
Through March 26
* ART GALLERY: “The Fifth Annual Architectural Student Projects Exhibition 2015” in the Art Gallery. Gallery hours are 12 to 5 p.m., Monday through Thursday and 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Friday. Free admission.
* MEN’S GOLF at Pt. Conception Open at Marshallia Ranch and La Purisima. 10 a.m.
* FIRST SIX-WEEK CLASSES BEGIN.
* WOMEN’S TENNIS vs. Santa Barbara at GCC. 2 p.m.
* BASEBALL at West L.A. 2 p.m.
* KINESIOLOGY DEPARTMENT LECTURE: “Active Communities.” The presentation covers the obesity and diabetes epidemic and kinesiology’s role in public health. Information on volunteer opportunities with 100 Citizens will be provided. Kreider Hall. 12:20 p.m.
* BASEBALL vs. Antelope Valley at Stengel Field. 2 p.m.
* SOFTBALL vs. Bakersfield at Glendale Sports Complex, 2200 Fern Lane. 2:30 p.m.
* ASTRONOMY AND SPACE CLUB guest speaker series: “Advanced Space Propulsion Concepts for Interstellar Travel” with Greg Meholic, Senior Project Engineer, The Aerospace Corp. Student Center. 7 to 9 p.m. Free admission.
* VERDUGO FIRE ACADEMY information meeting. The meetings provide information about the academy and the application process. Aviation/Art Building, room 108. 7 to 8 p.m.
* MEN’S AND WOMEN’S TRACK AND FIELD at CSULA Invitational.
* SOFTBALL at Mt. SAC. 2 and 4 p.m.
* BASEBALL vs. Bakersfield at Stengel Field. 1 p.m.
* MEN’S GOLF at Ventura College, River Ridge Golf Course. 11 a.m.
* VOLUNTEER FAIRE: Non-profit organizations will be at Plaza Vaquero from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. to recruit students for various volunteer and service opportunities.
* SOFTBALL vs. Antelope Valley at Glendale Sports Complex, 2200 Fern Lane. 1 and 3 p.m.
* MEN’S TENNIS at Bakersfield. 2 p.m.
* WOMEN’S TENNIS vs. Bakersfield at GCC. 2 p.m.
* BASEBALL at L.A. Mission. 2:30 p.m.
* MEN’S TENNIS vs. L.A. Pierce at GCC. 2 p.m.
* WOMEN’S TENNIS vs. Santa Monica at GCC. 2 p.m.
* BASEBALL vs. Citrus at Stengel Field. 2:30 p.m.
* SOFTBALL at L.A. Mission. 2:30 p.m.
* MEN’S AND WOMEN’S TRACK AND FIELD Occidental Distance Carnival at Occidental College.
* BASEBALL vs. L.A. Valley at Stengel Field. 2 p.m.
* MEN’S AND WOMEN’S TRACK AND FIELD at CSUN Invitational.
* GCC SWAP MEET. Upper campus lot. 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Admission is $2 per car. For information call 818-240-1000, ext. 5805.
* MEN’S GOLF at Olivas Links Tourney. 10 a.m.
* LOS ANGELES WRITERS READING SERIES: Alan Rifkin, fiction writer, journalist and instructor at CSULB will read from his short story collection, “Signal Hill.” Student Center. 12:20 p.m. Free admission.
* SOFTBALL at L.A. Valley. 1 and 3 p.m.
* MEN’S TENNIS vs. Ventura at GCC. 2 p.m.
* WOMEN’S TENNIS at Ventura. 2 p.m.
* BASEBALL at College of the Canyons. 2:30 p.m.
* BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING and public hearing on proposed trustee areas. Kreider Hall. 5 p.m.
* CULTURAL DIVERSITY LECTURE SERIES: “Ethnic Mathematics.” Speaker is math professor Tom Voden. Kreider Hall. 12:20 to 1:30 p.m. Free admission.
* WOMEN’S TENNIS vs. Antelope Valley at GCC. 2 p.m.
* SOFTBALL vs. Citrus at Glendale Sports Complex, 2200 Fern Lane. 2:30 p.m.
* BASEBALL vs. West L.A. at Stengel Field. 2:30 p.m.
* MEN’S TENNIS vs. Amherst at GCC. 1 p.m.
* BASEBALL at West L.A. 1 p.m.
* MEN’S GOLF at Antelope Valley Country Club. 10 a.m.
* ANNUAL JOB FAIR: Employers will have recruiters at tables on campus. Sponsored by Student Employment Services. Plaza Vaquero. 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. To find out about companies attending the event go to www.glendale.edu/jobfair.
* SCIENCE LECTURE SERIES: "Urban Planning and Water Policy.” The speaker is Maria Mehranian, Managing Partner and CFO, Cordoba Corporation. Cimmarusti Science Center, room 177. 12:20 to 1:30 p.m. Free admission.
* SOFTBALL vs. College of the Canyons at Glendale Sports Complex, 2200 Fern Lane. 1 and 3 p.m.
* WOMEN’S TENNIS at Santa Barbara. 2 p.m.
* BASEBALL at Antelope Valley. 2:30 p.m.
* HUMANITIES/SOCIAL SCIENCE LECTURE SERIES: "Green is Good: How Environmental Choices Can Save Your Life (and the Planet).” Speakers are geography professor Mike Reed and kinesiology instructor Erin Calderone. Cimmarusti Science Center room 177. 12:30 p.m. Free admission.
* SOFTBALL at Santa Monica. 2:30 p.m.
* BASEBALL vs. Antelope Valley at Stengel Field. 2:30 p.m.
* MEN’S AND WOMEN’S TRACK AND FIELD WSC Inland Meet at College of the Canyons.
* BASEBALL at Bakersfield. 6 p.m.
* SOFTBALL at Ventura Tournament.
* MEN’S GOLF at Santa Maria Country Club. 10:30 a.m.
* SOFTBALL at Bakersfield. 1 and 3 p.m.
* BASEBALL vs. Santa Barbara at Stengel Field. 2:30 p.m.