Glendale Community College students as well as community members can take advantage of our extensive career and academic reference resources which include:
- EUREKA and DISCOVER Computerized Career Exploration Databases
- Vocational Biographies
- Occupational Books Library
- Internet Access
- Catalogs of California 2 and 4-year Colleges and Universities
- Resume, Interview, Internship, Job-Search Advice
Students will be assisted by staff in accessing such information as:
- Description of one's prospective career or job
- Job duties, personal qualifications, abilities and key skills
- Future job outlook
- Salary potential and chances for advancement
- Related occupations
- Educational preparation and training requirements
- Employment opportunities in industry
- Programs which offer training: graduate schools, universities, colleges, technical and private schools
- Licensing, certification, and credential requirements
- Specific and detailed college information
Thousands of people use EUREKA every year for:
- Self Assessment Instruments
- Career Assessment Cross References
- Occupational Clusters
- In-depth Occupational Descriptions
- Occupational Descriptions in Spanish
- Localized Information
- International Occupational Information
- Programs of Study
- Schools, Colleges, Universities Search
- Thousands of Scholarships and Awards
- Industry Descriptions
- Job Search and Resume Instructions
- Letter Writer for schools, scholarships, and associations
- Military Occupational Descriptions
- Steps to Business Ownership
- Internet Access Compatibility
© 2009 EUREKA,
The California Career Information System
The concept is simple. DISCOVER® provides information to help people make important career and educational decisions.
- Research-based assessments of career-relevant interests, abilities, and job values help individuals consider career options that are a good match for them.
- DISCOVER's guidance process provides a way for individuals to make good decisions in choosing a career and creating a plan to make it happen.
- The system offers complete, current databases of occupations, college majors, schools and training institutions, financial aid/scholarships, and military options.
- Users can also learn how to develop effective resumes, cover letters, job applications, and good interviewing skills.
© 2010 by ACT, Inc.