HOURS OF OPERATION
The Nursing Resource Lab (NRL) has both day and evening hours of operation based on student-identified need. Weekend and evening hours are funded by the LA County Department of Health Services (DHS) grant.
NRL hours vary, so check the hours each week at www.glendale.edu/nursing
. Select "Nursing Resource Lab" and select "Hours of Operation." The hours are also posted on the NRL door.
The NRL Adjunct faculty and their designees are the only NRL staff members who can sign off the entry and renewable requirements each semester. Check the Entry Requirement and Renewable Requirement forms for further information.
STANDARDS OF STUDENT CONDUCT WITHIN THE NRL
- Students must log in using the GCC Student ID # upon entering and log out upon leaving the NRL, attending tutoring sessions and using the Sommerville Room (HS 340). This verifies student attendance.
- Leave all work areas clean and neat - clear away all used materials and supplies. Mannequins should be left properly positioned and covered.
- Food is permitted inthe NRL at the center table only from 11:30 am - 1:30 every Monday - Thursday. Eating is allowed inthe Sommerville Room (HS 340) at all other times. Please leave the area clean. No eating or drinking is permitted in the PC area.
- The door to the Sommerville room (HS 340) is to be locked at all time. It is unavailable to students from 11:30 am - 1:30 pm Monday - Thursday or when it is otherwise reserved.
- Cell phones are not to be used in the lab at any time. Please put them away before entering.
- There is no printing allowed in the NRL. Printing is available in the Library or English Lab.
- Computer programs/DVDs/videos etc. are to be completed 5 minutes before the NRL closes each day.
- Casual business attire is expected in the NRL.
- Our staff is here to assist you with practicing skills, analyzing concepts, and clarifying nursing content.
- NRL holdings include:
- 250 videos and DVDs
- Computer software programs for assignments and remediation
- Required textbooks and references (NRL use only)
- Mannequins and hospital/patient supplies and equipment
- Internet access to online periodical databases (ProQuest)
- Current copies of selesct nursing journals, such as: Nurse Week, Working Nurse, Advance for Nurses
- Laptops computers (36) are available for student use at all times. Computers are signed out and must remain on the 3rd floor of the Health Sciences building.
COMPUTER USE GUIDELINES
- Students are to bring their own headphones.
- Headphones are needed for all educational viewing.
- In order to prevent viruses, disks/flash drives brought from home should be used with caution.
- E-mail attachments should only be opened if they are from safe, known, trusted and reliable sources.
The NRL is full of numerous educational opportunities. You are invited to use them to maximize your learning. Please help us maintain and care for it.