There are no formal policies regarding the purchase of environmentally-friendly office supplies, cleaning products, and appliances.
Suggestions from the Green Team include creating formal policies that ensure that:
- The college only purchase Energy Star approved appliances, including televisions, projectors, refrigerators, and coffee makers.
- Glendale College utilizes government and commercial programs, such as Home Depot's Eco Options certification, to ensure that the most eco-friendly products are purchased for the campus.
- Recycled paper products are purchased.
- Cleaning products and chemicals are vetted for toxicity.
- Furniture purchased by the college is made from recycled materials and is of sufficient quality to last for decades.
- Styrofoam and plastics purchases are eliminated or minimized.