A. Grades must be posted on the transcripts for the following courses. No “work in progress” is accepted for these 5 courses. Required courses must be completed with a grade of “C” or better.


1. Human Anatomy (Biology 120 – 5 units) or equivalent

2. Human Physiology (Biology 121 – 4 units) or equivalent

3. Microbiology (Biology 112 – 5 units) or equivalent

a. Anatomy, Physiology, and Microbiology units must equal 14 semester units. In the event courses are equivalent but there are insufficient science units, college level Chemistry units can be added to meet required units.

b. Anatomy, Physiology, and Microbiology must be taken within 7 years.

c. A lab must be taken with each Anatomy, Physiology, and Microbiology class. Online or hybrid courses will not be accepted.

d. If courses were taken outside GCC, provide a copy of the course description. In the event that equivalency needs to be determined, a request for the course syllabus will be made via email.

4. General Psychology (Psychology 101)

a. Lifespan and/or Developmental Psychology are not accepted.

5. English 101 (Freshman English) or equivalent.

a. Students using AP English credit must have a score of 3, 4 or 5. English courses not taken in the State of California or taken at private universities must be submitted with a course syllabus/outline and evidence of a research paper so the English Division can determine equivalency.

B. Overall GPA of 2.0 or higher, at least a 2.0 in all coursework required for licensure, and not on progress probation;


C. Eligibility for Intermediate Algebra.

You must complete one of the following:

1. Math 101 or equivalent (Required to earn an AS degree in Nursing)

2. Glendale Community College Math Assessment Test to show eligibility for Intermediate Algebra.

a. Assessment testing from other colleges will not be accepted.

3. Applicants with foreign college transcripts:

a. Must have completed Elementary Algebra or higher level Math from a U.S. College/University or

b. Must take GCC’s Math Assessment Test to determine eligibility for Intermediate Algebra. If college level math was taken outside of the U.S., provide course syllabus for all college level math courses

D. Evidence of completion of an advanced degree in the United States (i.e. AA/AS, BA/BS, MA/MS). Applicants who do not have a college degree must submit proof of High School/GED completion verified by one of the following:

1. United States High School/GED Diploma

a. Bring your original diploma for verification AND a copy of the diploma to leave with your application. Please note that the department does not make copies. OR

2. Official high school/GED transcript OR

3. Foreign high school diplomas or advanced degrees must be evaluated by agencies approved by Admissions and Records of Glendale Community College (See #3 on page 2 - Foreign Transcripts)

a. Foreign diplomas will not be accepted, and must be evaluated by an approved agency. Foreign high school evaluations do not need detailed reports – a general report will be sufficient.


E. Possession of a Social Security number. This is required for California licensure. You must bring the original Social Security card when you turn in your application for verification of the number. If you do not have your card, you must bring a printout from the Social Security Office verifying your name and number. Copies of the card will not be accepted for verification. Do not bring passports or other documents relative to this.


Last updated: 12/9/2013 2:12:34 PM