Checklist for Submitting Your Application
No late or incomplete applications are accepted.
- Social Security Card – You must bring the original Social Security card or a printout from the Social Security Office verifying your name and number. Copies of the card will not be accepted for verification. Do not bring passports or other documents relative to this.
- Proof of high school completion (IF APPLICABLE) – A high school/GED transcript OR your diploma AND a copy of your diploma must be submitted if you do not have a U.S. college level degree. Please note that the department does not make copies. See page 2, Eligibility Requirements: Part D
- Two Transcripts –Official transcripts from ALL institutions attended, regardless of length of attendance or relationship to Nursing, are required and must be submitted with the application packet. Both required sets of transcripts must be submitted to the Nursing Department only– Do not send any transcripts to Admissions and Records!
- GCC Students: Only one official transcript is needed from GCC.
- Students With Foreign Transcripts: Submit 2 detailed official transcript evaluations – See page 3, Foreign Transcripts
- Course Descriptions (IF APPLICABLE) – If courses were taken outside GCC, provide a copy of the course description. In the event that equivalency needs to be determined, a request for the course syllabus will be made via email.
- Advanced Placement (AP) Board transcript (IF APPLICABLE) – Applicants who received AP credit for any prerequisite courses must submit an Advanced Placement (AP) Board Transcript.
- Glendale Community College Math Placement Test Results (IF APPLICABLE) – If you have not fulfilled the math requirement, you are required to take the math assessment test in the Assessment Center at Glendale Community College. You must provide a printout of the results with your application. The Department of Nursing cannot access these results.
- Three (3) envelopes – Envelopes must be addressed to yourself with postage (business size; approximately 4 x 9 ½).
- Official TEAS Version V Results (IF APPLICABLE) – If you have already taken the TEAS Version V, you must have your first score sent officially through the ATI website. (www.atitesting.com)
- Documentation of Honorable Discharge (IF APPLICABLE) – If you are a veteran of the US armed forces, please provide a copy of your DD-214.
- Keep a file of records pertaining to your application – Keep duplicate copies of all materials submitted.